Billy Eichner (born September 18, 1978) is an American actor, comedian, and producer. He is the star, executive producer, and creator of Funny Or Die's Billy on the Street, a comedy game show that aired on truTV. Eichner was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Game Show Host" in 2013. He is also known for playing Craig Middlebrooks on the sitcom Parks and Recreation and Timon in the 2019 remake of The Lion King. On September 2, 2021, it was reported that for Season 3, which is also the final season of Apple TV+'s Dickinson, Eichner had been cast as Walt Whitman.
Eichner is a native of Queens and grew up in Forest Hills. He graduated from Stuyvesant High School in 1996,and from Northwestern University in 2000 with a BA in Theater. Coincidentally, Actor Robin Lord Taylor was his college roommate. When it comes to his personal life, Eichner is Jewish, and gay.
He is currently single and lives in Los Angeles. Eichner also happens to be 6'3" tall. Politically, Eichner is a Democrat. On February 1, 2018, Eichner announced a new initiative called Glam Up the Midterms, during that night's episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! in conjunction with Funny or Die and with the support of several late night hosts including Sarah Silverman, James Corden, Seth Meyers, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien, John Oliver, Chelsea Handler, Robin Thede, and Andy Cohen. Glam Up the Midterm's purpose was getting people to vote in the November 6, 2018, midterm elections, especially millennials, of whom only 12% voted in the previous midterm election. Eichner joined the progressive political organization Swing Left as senior advisor starting in 2019.
- at the
- ‘Dickinson’ Announces Season 3 End; Releases Teaser and Guest Stars for Final Season - Variety
- Billy Eichner Is Only Shouting Because New York Is Loud - Vanity Fair
- Man on the Street - New Yorker
- Billy Eichner Biography - TV Guide
- Red Eye Robin Lord Taylor - Red Eye Chicago
- Billy Eichner Is the Funniest Man on the Internet - Forward.com
- Billy Eichner: Gay, White, and Terrified! - Backstage
- How I’m Living Now: Billy Eichner, Actor and Comedian - Hollywood Reporter
- Billy Eichner, John Oliver, Andy Cohen, and More Are Joining Forces to Glam Up the Midterms - Vogue
- Billy Eichner Hits the Street With a New Goal: “Flipping the Senate” - Hollywood Reporter