Emily awakens after having a nightmare about losing Sue. Meanwhile, her parents go to Boston for the night and the kids decide to throw a party. Sue is hesitant about announcing her and Austin's engagement because of her lack of money, but Austin insists on paying all her debts.
Vinnie's crush, Joseph, attends, as well as Jane, a former classmate of Emily's who's interested in Austin. George brings opium to the party and Emily shares it with the guests. George asks Emily to dance and talks about marrying Emily, but she tells him to marry a normal girl and they kiss before she runs away with stomach pains. Austin then announces his engagement to Sue before she runs after Emily, who reveals the pains were period pains.
Jane reveals her feelings for Austin and questions his marriage to Sue because of Sue and Emily's relationship. Austin walks in on Emily and Sue kissing and Sue reveals she feels suffocated by both of them and intends to go to Boston.
- Hailee Steinfeld as Emily Dickinson
- Toby Huss as Edward Dickinson
- Adrian Enscoe as Austin Dickinson
- Anna Baryshnikov as Lavinia Dickinson
- Ella Hunt as Sue Gilbert
- Jane Krakowski as Mrs. Dickinson
- Jason Mantzoukas as Bee
- Darlene Hunt as Maggie
- Samuel Farnsworth as George Gould
- Gus Birney as Jane Humphrey
- Chinaza Uche as Henry
- Sophie Zucker as Abby Wood
- Allegra Heart as Abiah Root
- Kevin Yee as Toshiaki
- Gus Halper as Joseph Lyman
- Joseph Morris Fierberg as Dancer #1
- Sergio King as Dancer #2
- Caroline Pluta as Dancer #3
- Malaiyka Reid as Dancer #4
- Nacho Tambunting as Dancer #5
- The episode's title and themes are based on "Wild Nights — Wild Nights!" poem #249 by Emily Dickinson